Monday, September 30, 2013

Impact Eternity


"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth where moth and rust destroy and where theives break in and steal but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven where neither moth nor rust destroys where theives do not break in and steal, for where your treasure is there your heart will be also." -Matthew 6:19-21

I observed from reading this verse that, what we invest our time in is what we love the most. If we are investing our time in other things, things of this earth that will have no eternal benefits we are waisting our time.

We can apply this verse to our lives by investing our time in things on this earth that will produce eternal benefits. Because after all, isn't that why we are here? To serve God and love others? If we are, "busy" doing anything else we are shooting an empty gun, we aren't making an impact eternally and are wasting our breath. When we get to heaven God won't ask us, "What have you done with your years of college education? Or degree?" Or, "How succesful have you become?" The question will be, "What have you done with Jesus?"

Dear God, don't let me see my life at an external level. Help my eyes to see past what's in front of me. Help me to impact eternity so I can enjoy those benefits eternally. Where moth and rust will never destroy them and where thieves won't steal them. Help me to invest my time in what really matters. Impacting eternity. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 #lifeverse

Are you struggling today with trying to figure out the direction of where your life is going? Apprehensive and troubled by the thought of what the future might hold? Make Jeremiah 29:11 your life verse today and take your hands off the steering wheel so God can have the freedom to drive you down the road He has paved for you. Think eternally. God bless you as you seek to follow Him.

-Tiina 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are accepted by everyone but will be deleted if distasteful.