Thursday, February 27, 2014

Mom jeans?

Hmm... So being pregnant 3 times and having my two kids so close I must say. My body has felt like it has been through the ringer. I say that because, before I had gotten pregnant I was so super skinny!! When I walked out side the wind nearly blew me off my feet skinny. My first pregnancy my belly blew up, I had a miscarriage and had a left over belly buldge after that from growing for 4 months  (mind you I looked like I was 6 months pregnant because I was a walking broom). I never did lose that belly buldge, then 2 years later I became pregnant again for the second time, I carried all the way to full term and had my baby. By that time my belly (and body) exploded and nothing I was doing helped me lose weight. I was the heaviest I had ever been. That really was my own wrong doing though, I over ate because I battled with severe PPD (post partum depression) back then. Anyway, to me I looked and felt like an elephant and had gotten stretch marks galore with the pregnancy because my body stretched out it places I never thought it ever could. I had gotten bad acne on my face and blah blah blah you know, mommy stuff. Well, that left over belly buldge along with my newly grown chunky-ness stayed glued on me until my little girl's 1st birthday. I can remember about a 1 month span of feeling awesome and healthy and curvy again and then boom. I found out I was pregnant AGAIN! I was thrilled about the news don't get me wrong, but I will admit my first thought was, "But I just lost all my baby weight a month ago. Sigh." I carried that pregnancy to full term as well, had my baby and what do you know... Surprise surprise (no I didn't get pregnant again!) for some odd and unfathomable reason....my stomach shrunk and my body was the closest thing to a broom that it had been in forever. I ended up actually losing more weight that pregnancy. Don't ask me how because I think it was mostly a miracle. I ditched my "mom" jeans for a pare of real jeans just recently. Three months ago I was a size 16 and am now fitting comfortably in a size 12! Miracle I tell you! Oh that and -I breast feed. I am happy to say that I have never in my life felt as comfortable in my own skin as I do  now. I love the new me! And I am thrilled that I don't have to be sporting a pair of mom jeans ever again. *insert puke sound* Not that there is anything wrong with them there isn't. Just when they are on me there is. :) Share your success stories with me below! May you be happy and healthy and mom jean free for life! God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are accepted by everyone but will be deleted if distasteful.