Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Housework Horrors

I don't know about your life but mine gets in the way often now a days that my husband and I have 2 very small kiddos under our roof. It seems as though I am cleaning a hole in the wall, like it's papers hitting a fan! The work is endless and sometimes, it's all too easy to throw in the towel... no pun intended for those of you with that mountain of laundry on your brain. Can you identify? I think it's safe to say we all can to some degree, mother or not. Housework can become a horror to look at. It's like a constant battle isn't it? Dishes, laundry, cooking, sweeping, mopping, diaper changing whatever -you fill in the blank! It can become quite the monster to tackle if we leave it to the dust bunnies. This monster has a face and that face has a name, that name is called, "procrastination." "Oh, I can't do this now, I'll get to it later." "The chiefs are on, the dishes can wait." "I had a really tough day at work and just put the kids to bed, what's wrong with a little me time?" Tough isn't it? We want our houses to be clean and our spouses to be happy and our blouses to be spotless.  Well it's possible to have it that way and still have that spare time for you or what not but to get there takes sacrifice. Now don't get to thinking my house has everything in order. No way! Matter of factly, I have dirty dishes to wash and piles upon piles of laundry to do so let me make this quick. As Nike says, "just DO it!" Our houses won't clean themselves! Ok, I'm done procrastinating now and you should be too! It's off to the dishes I go! Hmm.... but both of my kids are down for naps and the house is nice and quiet I think I'll just scroll Facebook some and...Tina! No! Priorities! Priorities! Priorities! My ducks have been out of a row so long they've forgotten how to make a straight line! Whatever scary "monsters" your dreading to tackle that the face of procrastination has intimated you with, don't fear... There's nothing a little prayer, wash cloth and a bottle of cleaning solution can't fix. Happy cleaning! Kill the horror! And may our houses, blouses and spouses be shining! Happy cleaning! 
"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!" -The little engine that could

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are accepted by everyone but will be deleted if distasteful.