Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Equal Value


Why is it that we as a people, Christians especially, have such a hard time seeing everyone as equal? You know, I can learn a lot from my daughter. The way she looks at everyone with smiles in her eyes and joy beaming from her face when people approach her. I know the Lord has brought her into our lives to entrust us with her and teach her to grow and learn. But honestly  I learn and grow so much by following her little example every now and again! It puzzles me that we tend to think that we are so much better than others. What have we got that is better? Why do we feel that we are unequal to the prisoner's locked up in cells, or the terrorists in wars? Our sins aren't any better! How dare we think (myself included, I am preaching to the choir here) for one second that we are more righteous, more holy than someone else. The Bible is clear about this friends: 
It says NO ONE. Dear readers, let's not get it in our heads (Christian or not) that you are better than someone else because the fact of the matter is you are NOT. Personally  I wish I could see through my daughter's eyes sometimes, because I can see "in my daughter's eyes, everyone is equal. Darkness turns to the light and the world is at peace. This miracle God gave to me, she was sent to rescue me, I can see who I want to be, in my daughters eyes" -like the famous Martina Mcbride song goes (which I LOVE) btw, I cry every time I hear it!) The Bible also tells us in Philippians 2:3, "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conciete, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves;" Ask yourself, how often do I do this? We need to do this and make it a part of our lives if we are lacking in this area. God knows I am! What else do you think compelled me to write this post? We all no that every avid blogger only writes about what's burning inside there heart's mind. 
Is it that we think we are perfect because we have the Lord in our life? Is that what Grace, the Power and the blood that was spilled on Calvary is for? For us to become perfect little Christians and outdo each other in Godliness? I don't think so! Jesus did not die a slow and painful death on that old rugged cross for you to be bathing in your self righteousness because of how much you read your Bible, or pray for the sick for hours a day. I'm guilty too! No one is exempt for this loathing because again, no one is Righteous.
Dear readers, we must make a change. We must realize that we are no better or no less than the next guy. Everyone is equal. Everyone should be treated with utmost respect. We must bless those who curse us, and pray for those who mistreat us as Luke 6:28 tells us. As Christians, we are all striving for the same goal, let that be what unifies us: 
"So then. my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;" as Philippians 2:12 says. Let us focus on our relationship with Jesus. Let us not look to the right, or to the left. Rather, let us lift up our hearts towards the Heavens and look up. Focus on things above and throw yourself into the arms of the Father with an attitude of urgency today. Cover yourself in a repentant Spirit and tell your soul to bow to the Most High God. He is worthy. We are not. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are accepted by everyone but will be deleted if distasteful.