Sunday, May 27, 2012

Prayer

I admit. Sometimes life just gets me down. Sometimes I feel like I am just about to hit rock bottom -but that's only God allowing that to happen to remind me that He is that Rock, at the bottom. Ever been their? I'm sure we all can probably identify. Well, when life hands me pain, I exchange it with prayer.
"The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results." James 5:16 

I know for myself, sometimes it's all too easy to wait until it's a life or death situation or something of that nature -and then pray. And THEN decide to seek God's face. But that is where I am wrong. Christ followers need to be seeking God's face in prayer daily. It should be a daily act! Ever heard that good old saying, "When In Doubt Pray" --Don't! Sure it may be a good old saying (that's very popular I might add) but -that doesn't make it right. Think about it. "When In Doubt Pray" -NO! Don't wait till' your in doubt to pray. The Bible tells us we must pray without ceasing! (1 Thessalonians 5:17) Not just when we are in doubt or are afraid or worried.


When you can't see around the corner and your unsure of what's to come. DON'T doubt -pray.
Doubt is a form of atheism. Christians: We serve a BIG God. So why should we doubt? Is it that we don't trust God? Or believe God can do what He can do? Think about it. How often do we TRUST God fully? How often are we 100% free of doubt and fear? I believe, the answer to that for many of us as Christians would unfortunately be, "Not often enough." There is POWER in prayer. I don't know about you, but the God I serve never fails. Can you say that's true for you in your walk? If you thought, "no" then the issue isn't with God. It's with YOU. Christ is willing and waiting for you to put your full trust in Him. I have heard it said, "Oh, I'm just getting so frustrated, I'm just tired of hurting so bad, I'm still stuck here just waiting on God to help me." That statement doesn't make sense why? Because God has His arms extended -always, lovingly waiting for you to fall into. He is always right there. It's just a matter of you extending your hands and your heart out to Him -and accepting and believing in faith that He knows and cares; that He will provide rather, is providing. He knows your hurts, your struggles and your pain. TRUST that. BELIEVE that. KNOW that. He desires for us to trust Him, to take Him at His word, to have faith in Him and love Him. God is always with you -
"God has said,“Never will I leave you never will I forsake you."
God ALWAYS has an answer. It's either: Yes. No. Or Not right now. God is ALWAYS listening and He ALWAYS cares -Don't doubt. BELIEVE. Have faith! Christians: You know the God you serve! 
The Bible is either true or it's crazy and it's TRUE. So I choose to take the WORD at it's word when it says:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart

    and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to him,

    and he will make your paths straight."

 BELIEVE GOD CAN.

BECAUSE HE IS.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are accepted by everyone but will be deleted if distasteful.