Friday, August 28, 2015

The Glory Of God


So my husband challenged me to do something to benefit my Spiritual growth and richen my time with God. I got to talking to him about how I love to read the Bible but I hate to take notes because they don't stick in my head and I have a hard time formulating my thoughts down on paper and that has been becoming a hindrance to my study time in the word.

He suggested since I love to blog so much and am really passionate about it that this would be a natural way of study for me that will help me document what is being learned and paves for me an avenue of studying God's word that is easier for me to understand. I agreed! And have really been enjoying Hebrews!

I read quite a bit of Hebrews but got really behind because I forgot everything I read about because it was so deep and blogging just makes everything easier to remember so...I had to start over from the beginning!

So Hebrews, Chapter, 1 is where I will start! Are you ever puzzled by the grandeur and majesty of God? Have you ever asked yourself what genuine worship unto our Savior really looks like?

I ponder these questions often and I think about all of the ways worshiping God can happen. It can be through service, through song, through spoken word, but I think worship unto God goes beyond those things. Way beyond ourselves and what we have to give or offer up or do. Even God's angels in Heaven are bowing down in worship and praise to Jesus.

So how then does genuine worship unto God look like? The glory of God is something that I can't wrap my mind around. Even more so, I can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that though my righteousness is nothing but filthy rags; it's that human, broken adoration and praise rising up from a weary sin bent heart that God receives glory from. He takes delight in knowing that in our brokenness and frail selves we are still able to give Him the glory He deserves.

Going even farther than that, the fact that God takes delight in using our brokenness to help build others up for His glory and the good of others. Can you believe that? God takes delight in using my wretchedness as stepping stones and building blocks for me to grow, learn and climb up and out of my old sinful state into a whole new world of sacrificial love for Him.

Everything is backwards with God. Isn't it usually the other way around? God refines us like fire. We are broken, then He takes us through the heat of the fire, we burn, and then come out whole and shining for His glory. That's backwards.

The popular idea is to be whole and remain whole. Once you get broken down and brought through the fire, you're a goner.

It's interesting to me that God doesn't think this way. It's interesting to me to know that no matter how foolish and stupid I am regardless of whether or not I am going to make good Christ-honoring decisions; God is going to get His glory one way or another. The point is, is that the majesty of God goes far beyond my tiny human existence.

God doesn't need me. He wants me. He's a jealous God.

It's this idea that, no matter what...nothing can take away from God's glory or add to it. It's just that great, that grand and that huge. God will not share is glory with another, nor will He cease to receive glory when we cease to give it. The glory of God is endless, magnificent, vast, wide, huge, massive, and over arching above all anything and everything.

"He also says, "In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the Heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish; but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end." Hebrews 1: 10-12.

Through this, it has helped me to see one thing that puts all other things into perspective:

I am so very small. God is so very big. And I so desperately need Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are accepted by everyone but will be deleted if distasteful.