(I volunteered him ;))
This recipe is fun to make! Simple. Quick. And easy!
Ol' Fashioned Christmas Cookies: "Plain Janes":
What you'll need:
- 1 Cup BAKER'S CORNER granulated sugar
- 1 Cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 21/4 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Pinch of love ;)
What to do:
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and butter.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Mix in flour and baking soda.
- Take a dinner spoon and scoop out a small bit.
- Place a small bit of batter in hand, and roll into ball.
- Place batter balls on cookie sheet.
- Cover, and place in the fridge 1 hour until chilled.
How to bake:
Preheat oven to 375F. Uncover batter balls and sprinkle each ball with a pinch of sugar and a pinch of love-(The most important ingredient! :)) Then, place on ungreased pan and bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool on wire wrack. Store in an air tight container once the cookies have cooled or serve and enjoy!